Tuesday 2 December 2014

Gaganjeet Bhullar is Fit and Ready to Defend Title at Indonesia Open

Gaganjeet Bhullar was in a cast for 21 days after tearing a ligament in his left wrist in September.

Bhullar Indonesia Open
(From left) Scott Hend of Australia, Padraig Harrington of Ireland, Gaganjeet Bhullar of India and George Gandranata of Indonesia pictured at the BANK BRI Indonesia Open 2014 at the the Damai Indah Golf. (Image courtesy: ASIAN TOUR / KHALID REDZA)
Jakarta: After a ligament injury sidelined him for two months, a fit-again Gaganjeet Bhullar will be back in action as he defends his title at the Bank BRI Indonesia Open which gets underway here on Thursday.
Bhullar was in a cast for 21 days after tearing a ligament in his left wrist in September and the Indian golfer will make a welcome return to the USD 750,000 Asian Tour event at the Damai Indah Golf, Pantai Indah Kapuk course.
"It was a frustrating time sitting at home and doing nothing. I did a lot of physiotherapy and acupressure therapy to recover. Now I can hit my driver and three wood without any restrictions," said the 26-year-old Bhullar.
The injury has kept him away from playing regularly but he is excited to return to Indonesia, a country where he won his first Asian Tour tournament in 2009.
"The feeling is quite different because I'm one of those guys who love to play in a lot of tournaments. I think the last two years I've played close to 30 or 35 tournaments a year. It is quite a challenging time for me but Indonesia is close to my heart. I had a lot of good finishes here I'm looking forward to play some good golf again," said Bhullar.
Bhullar will be joined by three-time Major winner Padraig Harrington of Ireland, who is playing in Indonesia for the first time in his career, six-time Asian Tour champion Scott Hend of Australia and local favourite George Gandranata.

No comments:

Post a Comment