Sunday 17 August 2014

The Argentina international reportedly missed training on Wednesday after the Portuguese outfit rejected a €20 million bid from the Red Devils, but is now ready to return

Manchester United target Marcos Rojo has apologised to Sporting following his "unprofessional" fallout with the club.

Manchester United target Rojo apologises for 'unprofessional' behaviour at Sporting


That prompted Rojo to reportedly miss training on Wednesday in a bid to force the move, but 24-year-old has now apologised for his actions and admitted to acting rashly following the failed bid.

"It was all a misunderstanding, I was a hothead. I'm sorry for what happened because I feel that I was unprofessional," he told the club's official TV station. "Now I will try to correct the situation.
"Yes, obviously [I trust the club]. The club trusted me when my career wasn't at its best. They gave me an opportunity to play for a top team in Europe. So I thank Sporting and the people who work here.
 
"I am very fond of this club. They are the ones that will decide my career, and I hope it will be for the best both for me and the club.

"But I want to stress that I'm very happy at the club, and I like the way I'm treated and the care they give me."
Rojo and Sporting’s president Bruno de Carvalho reportedly nearly came to blows during a meeting earlier this week, a claim the defender vehemently denies.
He continued: "[The claims of violence] are not true. When I saw the papers I was angry, for the way they lied and talked about us.
 
"I talked to the president this last Friday, we understood each other and I got back on training. Now I’ll play for the first team again, with my team-mates, which pleases me the most."

No comments:

Post a Comment