Friday 19 September 2014

Bale: I could return to Tottenham one day

The winger left Spurs for Los Blancos in a €100 million deal last summer but, when his Spanish adventure is over, he would consider going back to White Hart lane
Bale: I could return to Tottenham one day

Real Madrid star Gareth Bale says he still has a great affinity for former club Tottenham and has hinted that he could return to north London in the future.

The Wales international sealed a world-record €100 million move to the Spanish capital last summer and has already won the Champions League, Copa del Rey and Uefa Super Cup during his time with Los Blancos.

Although Bale’s decision to force a move to Madrid angered many Spurs fans, the 25-year-old hopes they understand his decision to leave and he admits he would welcome a return to a club where he spent six happy years.

“I’ll never forget the great European nights at White Hart Lane. They were amazing,” Bale told BT Sport.

“Tottenham will always have a place in my heart. I hope the fans still love me even though I’ve moved on.

“I love Spurs fans; you never know, I could come back one day.”

He added: “I hope they understand that obviously Real Madrid is a massive, massive club and that they respect my decision.

“From the moment Madrid put the offer in it was difficult. [Tottenham] was somewhere I felt so comfortable and so happy.”

Bale scored 15 goals for Madrid last season, notably netting in both the Copa del Rey and Champions League finals against Barcelona and Atletico, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment