Friday 19 September 2014

Xavi 'disappointed' in Del Bosque

Xavi 'disappointed' in Del Bosque

The midfielder has spoken for the first time about his international torment following Spain's World Cup humiliation over the summer
Xavi has revealed he was left "disappointed" by Vicente del Bosque's decision not to play him at the World Cup after Spain's humiliating defeat to the Netherlands in their opening group stage game.
The Dutch ran out 5-1 winners to stun the then reigning world champions, with the Barcelona midfielder a major casualty of that defeat as he was overlooked in their remaining games in the competition.
He told CANAL+: "It was disappointing not to play against Chile. The coach asked me to stay another two years after Euro 2012 and to not play after the Netherlands match was a disappointment.”
The 34-year-old looked set to leave Barcelona in the summer transfer window but opted to stay on at Camp Nou and he revealed his thoughts behind that decision, as well as the rumours that saw him linked with Bayern Munich.
“If it was down to me I would never leave Barcelona, but others are in charge," he added.
"I didn’t hear anything from Bayern. I have been leaving many times but in the end it has to be my feeling. I told the club I did not want to play for another team in Europe, I didn’t want to face Barcelona. I want to finish my career at Barcelona and then we’ll see what happens.”
Xavi also admitted he is enjoying working under coach Luis Enrique - who replaced Gerardo Martino at the end of the season - in much the same way he did under Pep Guardiola.
“I have the same feeling as I did with Guardiola in 2008. He is a winner and a born leader.”

No comments:

Post a Comment